Facts on why we should recycle could go on forever. Our population is increasing at an alarming rate, not reducing, and presently, each human being contributes a large amount of waste to the Earth throughout their life time.
There is such a large amount of waste which could be recycled that, unfortunately, ends up in landfill sites, ultimately, damaging the environment.
Recycling is a brilliant method of conserving energy and preserving the environment Did you know that:
- Just one recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for three hours
- Only one recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to keep a computer running for twenty-five minutes
- Simply one recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to light a sixty-watt light bulb for three hours
- Up to 60% of the rubbish in the trash could have been recycles
- That means all that rubbish each year could keep a TV running for 5000 hours!
- If we collected all the rubbish from the UK for eight months and dumped our rubbish in Britain’s largest lake, it would be filled instantly
- If you feel as though a product is expensive, remind yourself that around 16% of the money spent goes on the packaging, which basically ends up in the bin
- Half of the waste in the bin could have been used as compost
- 80% of a car can be recycled
- Studies show that 9/10 people would recycle if they felt as though it was easy